Moisturizing can simply be seen as the process of making your skin less dry. Moisturizers are a combination of mainly oil and water and other essential ingredients that nourish, preserves, and keeps moisture locked in the skin.
BENEFITS OF MOISTURIZING
These are some of the reasons why you should relax, moisturize and carefully pamper your skin.
- Constant moisturizing keeps your skin youthful and healthy: We get older by the day and our skin follows suit, however, moisturizers help delay aging. When a moisturizer is applied, it is absorbed by the skin, thereby making the skin smoothen out and reduces the appearance of aging.
- It protects your skin from irritation: Irritations like rash, itching, and many others can be reduced or eliminated with the constant use of the right moisturizers.
- It maintains the PH balance of your skin: Excess oil production, makeup, harsh soaps, and sunburn can disrupt the PH balance of the skin. Although when the skin is properly exfoliated and moisturized, the PH comes back to normal.
- Moisturizing your skin helps to reduce wrinkles and dryness: Moisturizing does not eliminate wrinkles, it smoothens the skin, making lines and wrinkles less pronounced.
- It helps to tackle skin problems: Skin issues like acne, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and so on are properly camouflaged when you moisturize daily with the right moisturizer
- Moisturizing helps to calm sensitive skin: According to dermatologists, moisturizers help to soothe sensitive skin. Moisturizing sensitive skin with speculative products like Sublime moisturizing lotion. Sublime Moisturizing Lotion reduces the redness and irritations that arise frequently.
WHEN DO YOU MOISTURIZE?
It is quite ideal to moisturize immediately after a bath, whilst your skin is a little bit damp. Moisturizing should be done twice daily, once in the morning and the other at night for healthy and glowing skin. Moisturizing daily is significant because it keeps moisture locked in the body day and night.
HOW DO YOU MOISTURIZE?
A lot of people moisturize the wrong way, hence making the moisturizer ineffective. The following are some of the processes of moisturizing:
- Wash your face
- Pat your face and body semi-dry, but let there be a little water on your face and body so that when Sublime moisturizing lotion is applied, it blends perfectly with your skin and completely dries off.
- Apply Sublime moisturizing lotion on your face and body gently in circular motions using upward strokes.
And that’s how to correctly moisturize! Be consistent in your daily skincare routine and watch your skin glow beautifully.
Article by Okolie Eberechukwu.