Exfoliation is the process of properly cleansing your face using an exfoliant. Exfoliation helps in extracting dead skin cells on the first layer of the skin. Naturally, your skin sheds dead cells which gives room for new skin cells every 28 days. However, dead skin cells don’t shed completely and they can result in clogged pores, flaky and itchy patches, and exfoliating your skin frequently can prevent this.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO EXFOLIATE?
If you desire glowing and radiant skin, you would need to adhere to your skincare routine judiciously, and guess what? Exfoliation tops the list! Check out some of the reasons why frequent skin exfoliation is essential.
* brighter-looking skin: Exfoliation extracts clinging dirt and bacteria which gives your skin a dull appearance. When all these are eliminated, your skin becomes brighter. When you exfoliate, it improves blood circulation and it makes your skin “pop” and glows.
* It prevents clogged pores: Most times your skin pores become clogged with dirt and excess oil which causes breakouts and acne. Exfoliating with body and facial scrubs is important as it cleans out the skin properly and it allows skincare products to work on the skin. A skincare routine without exfoliation is a waste of time, energy, and resources, therefore you should exfoliate your skin at least once a week.
* Minimizes breakouts: excess dirt, oil, and bacteria on the skin especially on the face can be frustrating and draining. When you do not exfoliate frequently, it gives room for blackheads, whiteheads, spots, acne, and breakouts on the face. But then when the skin is squeaky clean and properly moisturized, the breakout is reduced to the barest minimum.
* Increases the production of collagen: Collagen is very essential and paramount to your skin’s health. Collagen improves your skin’s health, strengthens the skin, and also eliminates wrinkles and dryness. Exfoliating your skin increases the production of collagen in your body system and when collagen is moderately present in your body system, your skin’s health becomes top-notch. If your skin is low on collagen production, use skin care products containing collagen. “Sublime Even tone body cream and moisturizing lotion” contain collagen and are great recommendations for good skin health.
* It enhances moisture absorption: The skincare products used in exfoliating your skin most times contain a little bit of oil and moisturizing components. However, if after exfoliation your skin still feels dry, use a moisturizing lotion that contains essential oils to balance the texture. “Sublime moisturizing lotion” does an excellent job of moisturizing your skin.
* It improves the effectiveness of skincare products: When you skip exfoliation and head straight to using skincare products, it nulls your skincare products. It is essential that dead skin cells, dirt, and germs are extracted from your skin first so that your pores can open up to receive essential oils and ingredients which will improve your skin health.
After exfoliating, it is mandatory to moisturize your skin. It helps to retain moisture in your skin and promotes radiant skin glow. Our “Sublime Moisturizing lotion” moisturizes the skin and is perfect for application after exfoliation.
Article written by Okolie Eberechukwu.